To ensure youre eating healthy there are certain things to be on the look out for. I compiled a list of tips and facts to begin 2008 informed.
1. When buying wheat/5 grain/7 grain/etc bread make sure one of the first ingredients listed is whole grain.
2. The following are examples of good cooking oils: olive oil, canola oil, flax seed oil, and sunflower oil. You should try to avoid vegetable shortening, hard margarine, and butter.
3. Eating every four hours is ideal for hunger and blood sugar and insulin levels.
4. Substitute fiber cereal for pie crusts and breading on fried chicken.
5. Pack a healthy lunch for school/work the night before to avoid running out of time the following morning.
6. Try different exercise classes and routines to find one you really enjoy. This will prevent boredom and enable you to stick with it easier.
7. Read food labels and pay attention to serving sizes so you know how much youre eating and drinking.
8. Eat enough at each meal to be satisfied, not stuffed.
9. Slow down while eating. It takes your body approximately twenty minutes to recognize if it is full.
10. Sometimes people mistake thirst for hunger, so be sure to drink enough water throughout the day.
Have a happy and healthy New Year!